July 13-15, 2017 – Summer Book Sale
December 2, 2017 – Holiday Book Sale
ABOUT THE SUMMER BOOK SALE IN JULY
- Generally, the Summer Sale is a three day sale held in July on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Some time is reserved for members only. On the first day, only members of the BLFF are admitted for the first several hours. The hours for the first day are 10:30 – 4:00 members only. You can join at the door for the annual membership fee of $5.00.
- From 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. on the first day, the sale is open to the public.
- On Friday, the second day of the summer sale, doors are open to all at 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, of the Summer Sale, is bargain day and open to all from 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. For $3 you can fill a grocery bag full of books.
- Paperbacks are 3 for $1.00. There is a “better books” section of specialty and newer books that are priced as marked.
- You will also find records, video tapes, music CDs, magazines and some gift items.
ABOUT THE HOLIDAY BOOK SALE IN DECEMBER
The BLFF’s Holiday Book Sales are usually held on a Saturday in early December.
- From 10:00 a.m. ’til noon is reserved for “Members Only.” You can join at the door. Please come and get first choice of the many books available, some for as little as $1. You’ll find hard-back books, paperbacks, video and tape cassettes, magazines and CDs.
- From noon to 4:30 p.m., the book sale opens to the public.
Watch for the announcement of the dates for these sales annually. It will be printed in the BLFF Newsletter, in the local paper and be featured on this web site.
On Wednesday afternoons before the sale, volunteers set up the sale. Help is always welcome.
Finally, please donate your books. Your donations of books are the needed to provide a varied and wide selection of books for this important fundraising activity.